Making Life Hearing Friendly – In Partnership with POW Hearing Solutions
PLEASE NOTE: Access services only available at Toronto locations.
Our Hearing Access Services will help all of your customers and clients hear your message; and include:
- Projected Text Transcription – A.K.A: transcribed and projected onto a large screen
- Hearing Loop Assistive Listening system
Universal access to the spoken word is a basic need. We need everyone to be included in the discussion, to increase understanding, optimize engagement, provide opportunities for equal participation and learning, and benefit from each others’ contributions.
Hearing Access services – such as Projected Text Transcription – provide the opportunity to involve everyone in our community, reaching 1/3 of your audience – in Real-Time! This includes:
- Persons who have any degree of hearing loss
- English as a Second Language learners
- People who need text to reinforce audio events
Projected Text supports Accessibility Law compliance, and helps
- 90% of people who have hearing access needs
- Business to demonstrate their commitment to universal access
- Public venues to welcome everyone
- Political Candidates reach diverse audiences
- Focus group attendees to participate fully
- Financial Advisors to deliver their message to seniors
- Educators to promote understanding and engagement
Hearing Loop Assistive Listening Sound Systems
POW Hearing Solutions also provides a Hearing Loop Assistive Listening Sound System, to transmit sound directly to peoples’ hearing aids and cochlear implants. For those who require it, POW provides assistive listening headsets, to receive the sound signal transmitted via the Hearing Loop.
- Comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- Are preferred by 90% of people who have hearing loss
- Deliver any audio directly to listeners’ hearing aids or cochlear implants
- Eliminate background noise and distance sound travels to listeners
- Provide clear – not just louder – customized sound
- Minimize the need for receiver headsets; relative to other assistive listening systems
What’s involved in providing a temporary Hearing Loop System at presentations and events?
- Suggest wording for advance notice, specifying which assistive listening system is in place
- Event pre-check of existing sound system, wireless microphone needs, and cabling required
- Signage throughout venue of how to use the loop system, and availability of receiver headsets
- Staff training/orientation on loop system operation, and best practices for sound system microphone inputs
- Pre-event, spoken /written notice to audience of existence of Hearing Loop system, with instructions for use
- Pre-event hearing loop installation – requires a minimum 3 hours in advance – to lay the loop perimeter, connect, and test the sound system
- Customer feed-back forms to assess satisfaction of Access Services – upon request
- Post-event dismantling of Hearing Loop – 30 – 45 minutes / or Staff training to dismantle system (if event ends after our business hours)
- On-site monitoring during event included – 1 hour minimum
Together, our Access Services combine to:
- Enhance your message delivery with clarity
- Welcome everyone
- Reinforce your support for – and commitment to – the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
In a very real sense, “The medium is the message”. Ensuring your message is delivered in an Universally Accessible format sends a strong signal that you mean business – and that your business is truly accessible.